Born on the same day in opposite corners of the world, their lives collide. And nothing is ever the same again. Now Shayda is flying free and Troy has found the one thing that centers his soul, but even as they beat the odds, a cancer diagnosis puts Shayda in a painful dilemma. On the one hand is the man who makes her feel gloriously alive and on the other, her children, and a husband ravaged by the past.
This short teaser story (9,500 words, 38 pages) is a re-telling of select scenes from ‘ 53 Letters For My Lover’. It is narrated from the male point of view – raw and uncut.
***This is a companion to the full length novel. Although you can read it on its own, the recommended order is after the full length novel, as an extra glimpse into the hero’s perspective.****
53 LETTERS TO MY LOVER
(5+3=8) Fun Facts about 53 Letters
By Leylah Attar
• The final rewrite for this book ended up with 50 Letters, but that
sounded too much like 50 Shades…ha…so I had to get creative within
• When I started writing about Troy, I pictured him as a 50-50 mix of
David Gandy and Henry Cavill. Hey, a girl needs her inspiration!
• I would say Shayda looks a lot like Sarah Shahi (Fairly Legal, Person
of Interest), but with curly hair.
• Troy loves giving neck kisses. He thinks that’s one of the sexiest parts
of a woman’s body because it’s so open and vulnerable. That’s also the
spot most predators will go for in the wild, so it’s a very primal thrill
when she wants to feel your lips there.
• Troy has been known to email a few fans via his scary cherry addy
in the book, but it’s a hit or miss. His time is equally divided between
work and play, but his favorite activities include devouring brownies
• The Butterfly Conservatory and Prince of Wales Hotel mentioned in
the novel are real places.
• To get a visual perspective on Troy and Shayda’s cottage, and other
aspects of the story, visit the 53 Letters pinterest board.
• This book was released on Troy and Shayda’s birthday (yes, they
share the same birthday) – June 17th!