And So She Waited
by Shakuita Johnson
This is not a story about love, but a story about how love can consume you. Heart, body, and soul. A story of loving someone so much that the love you feel harms you.
Have you ever loved someone so much, that before you realized it, they owned half of your soul?
Raven Sinclair’s first love had always been ballet until she met Remy Peters. She fell hard and she fell fast and never looked back. He was everything she always believed she wanted but he had other plans.
Remy Peters didn’t believe in love and he wasn’t looking for it. He just wanted to have a good time in between classes and swim team. He’s been seeing Raven for over a year and a half and he’s not sure how it’s lasted this long. It’s not like he’s made any commitments but when he stumbles on the prettiest girl he’s ever seen, he knows it’s time to let Raven go.
Matthew Masterson has loved Raven since he first saw her in ballet class when they were five. They have been best friends ever since and he’s not content to stay there. He sees Remy for who he really is and wastes no time in telling Raven every chance he gets but is Raven his happy ever after or does fate have other plans?
I’m a little conflicted as to how I feel about this book. I will start by saying that the spoiler in the synopsis paired with the author’s note at the beginning of the book made it very difficult to invest in the story because I knew what was going to happen. I wonder if things would have been different if I was left to experience it on my own.
Ten Fun Facts
1. I can re read a book and still cry on the sad parts
2. I ran track in Middle and High School
3. I served 8 years in the Air Force
4. I’ve written one song and I wrote it into And So She Waited because it was perfect for it
5. I’m slightly OCD and at one point I had 200+ movies and they were in ABC order and I would freak out when my friends switched the cases
6. I almost fainted when I met Kresley Cole
7. My all time favorite vampire book is Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice
8. I’ll never run again because of my knees
9. I went to my first Comic Con Aug 2014
10. My first major was Accounting and I dropped it after a semester even though I’m very good with numbers
Shakuita Johnson is a 29-year-old Psychology major. When she isn’t going to school or working, she is doing what she loves most. Writing. She started writing in middle school. Starting with poetry. Then short stories in a creative writing course her senior year. Her love for paranormal and supernatural started with R.L. Stine Goosebumps books and TV shows, Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles, and Christopher Pike books. She is an avid reader with over 100 books on her bookshelf and 1000 plus on her iPad. Visit her online and read her poems and one attempt at songwriting on her blog at http://www.dark-indiscretions.com. You can also find her atwww.facebook.com/shakuitajohnson. Check out her website at www.authorshakuitajohnson.com.